Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FARC YOU!

Alright, what I'm about to say is about to come off as totally callous and incompassionate, but for some reason, I just can't get it up for these dudes. They have this arrogant and condecsending air about them. I know I should be feeling sympathetic for these men, but every time I hear them speak, I feel nothing by hatred and disdain.

For sure, being held captive for five years must, for lack of a better term, BLOW. I'm not arguing with that for one second. However, CNN had this entire piece entitled, "Hostages to Heroes." Now that's going a little too far, innit? What did this three war profiteers do to become heroes, except crash their plane and get their dumb asses kidnapped?? They didn't even escape on their own! They needed the Columbian government to storm in guns a'blazin' to carry them out.

I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for contractors who wittingly go into warzones in order to line their own pockets. They act all fucking surprised when they get their greedy asses kidnapped or greedy heads chopped off. I'm not saying they deserve it, (maybe a little?) but they certainly shouldn't act surprised.

That is all.

3 comments:

  1. Right fucking on. I agree... war profiteers aren't heroes, not one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And another thing - what's up with Cheney & Bush proclaiming they are above the law and it only gets a tiny sidebar mention on the 4th page of my local paper. It's not even news at this point, it's something newspapers put near the local church service listings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put it in the oBITCHuaries soon! January 09 is right around the corner! Although, I think that we're already FUBAR.

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.