Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!




Dear Mom,

Happy 64th birthday! Remember when you were little and that fortune teller told you that you were going to die when you're 69? That means that we still have five more fun filled years together. Please don't leave any earlier than that, because I'll be shocked and unprepared beyond belief. All my life I've been batting around the year 2013; like a clumsy kitten, it's sharp claw, and a ball of frizzy yarn.

I almost bursted in to tears at your birthday dinner last night when you told my cousin that you were having chest pain 5 times a day and that you had to take crazy chinese herbal medicines because the stuff your doctor prescribed you gave you headaches. I choked down big salty ones when you said that you may not be around for much longer. Your morbid joking breaks my heart and scares me to no end. I wish you wouldn't try to spare me from worrying by keeping this kind information from me {though, now I can see why you do what you do...I'm a total basketcase!}
Ever since you found out that you were born with a heart defect that left you a major artery short of most, I feel like we've been partying on borrowed time. You are such a strong woman, so much so that your doctor was amazed that anyone could live past childhood with such a condition. You managed to make it this far, with a full life, and two kids under your belt. You really are 8 million in one. The wishful thinking angioplasty unicorn that I've been galloping on all this time has just bucked me off. I naively thought you'd be cured by a little snake that climbed up your leg and into your heart. But alas, that only halted the chest pain temporarily.

Blurgh, I'm welling up just typing this. I cried myself to sleep last night because I couldn't bear the thought of a world without you, your love and support. It seems silly to be mourning the living, but I can't stand to see you age and deteriorate. I know it's natural and happens to EVERYONE. I can handle everyone, everyone but you.

Happy happy birthday. I love you. Here's to a handful more...

xoxo,
your daughter
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 






Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




13 comments:

  1. 1. sweet post!
    2. your moms a hottie! I love old pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's letting a bird rest on her hand! You could never recreate that photo. Tee-hee. I see where you get your swerve from, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, your mom is hot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Putz! I wish I was half as hot as her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. F-

    1. thanks!
    2. you have awesome old photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a-

    i know! totally gag me with a spoon!

    "swerve" lolololol

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I wasnt told, I would swear on anything that the black and white head shot was YOU...its exact, I want you to blog a 1/2 and 1/2 photo of you and your mom.. in as similar a pose as possible etc.. from when you were in the same age range.
    Please do so.

    Oh, and I saw some of these pics a long time ago on here, and thought they were amazing. Down to the pointed toe posing, she's a professional.
    Its a reminder that every picture takin should be posed for ..and you should always be looking your best.

    Love
    Bnutt

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok now I'm going to cry. your mom is a stone cold fox and sounds like a helluva woman. any woman who wears boots that often rocks. hard. happy bday to your mama.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see where you get your looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks, S. i wish that she had kept her clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. b. i am no professional. i burned my digital camera.....there's that funny donny miller picture that says something like, ' that photo you took ruined my self esteem forever' /// yeah, no good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. be-yooooooo-tee-full!

    ok i'm officially an uber fan of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.