Thursday, February 05, 2009

You say, "furlough," I say, "furblough."



fur·lough (fûrl)

n.
1.
a. A leave of absence or vacation, especially one granted to a member of the armed forces.
b. A usually temporary layoff from work.
c. A leave of absence from prison granted to a prisoner.
2. The papers or documents authorizing a leave: The soldiers had their furloughs in their breast pockets.
tr.v. fur·loughed, fur·lough·ing, fur·loughs
1. To grant a leave to.
2. To lay off (workers).



A year ago, heck, even a month ago, I didn't even know what this word meant. Now I have to take 12 mandatory furlough days. Bittersweet. I love staying in bed, but I also enjoy my paycheck. Blurgh! However, I must look on the bright side, at least I still have a job. Riiight???

12 comments:

  1. ugh, babe, that SUCKS. Do you have to take it all at once or are you supposed to spread it around? I hope you find some good, fun stuff to do on your involuntary vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, NerF. i can spread it around, thankfully. i think my bud might visit from chicago... i will definitely be blogging more!!! hehehe.

    ps. do you have a name so I can stop calling your nerf? or do you prefer to go by nerf on the internets? if so, i don't blame you and i will sail on with my mystery girl

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you steal office supplies and maybe some furniture from your company and spend the 12 days eBaying the crap?

    No, forget I said that. It would be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, raina. well it *IS* decked out with herman miller goodies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. disclaimer: above comment was a joke for all you work people who lurk my blog!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NerF's waiting for a big reveal when we all get together for our KoolGirlzRool blogger convention/vacation/excuse for excessive drinking and shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. woohoo, $$$$ away. grab your tab energy and can of tuna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shitty!! Sorry Grace, not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. TBSP! yessssss i'll bring the cat food and you bring the pink stuff. just like the good old days! thanks for showing me the silver lining!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks, bran. i'll be sleeping and blogging the days away. maybe i'll turn on AX and pull some weeds, hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do have a name, but Nerf is much funnier. Plus I also greatly enjoy The Artist Formerly Known as Nerf. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Herman Miller?! That shit is worth a mint on da Bay.

    Put that plan into action! ;)

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.