Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Good things:

 
I feel a strong sense of accomplishment because I finally finished the scarf I started making eons ago. It's the first knitting/crocheting project that I've actually completed! Fickle is my middle name and hobbies have a tendency to fall by and off the wayside. Also, it's super lopsided and jacked up. I took this as a lesson in accepting imperfections. It did me good.

Also, my Letter Writers Alliance goodies came in the mail today. Thanks to P (keep your eyes peeled!) for introducing me to LWA. Mailboxes beware!


Letter Writers Alliance

Mission Statement:


In this era of instantaneous communication, a handwritten letter is a rare and wondrous item. The Letter Writers Alliance is dedicated to preserving this art form; neither long lines, nor late deliveries, nor increasing postal rates will keep us from our mission.


As a member of the Letter Writers Alliance, you will carry on the glorious cultural tradition of letter writing. You will take advantage of every opportunity to send tangible correspondence. Prepare your pen and paper, moisten your tongue, and get ready to write more letters!

12 comments:

  1. I love your scarf~great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me no understand. Is it knit or crocheted? Because if it's knit, bitch you better teach me how!!!

    P.S. It looks cute, and that letter set is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even knit. Love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa awesome job tbsp! thanks for the awesome new years mail, it came on a sort of dark mental health day...you have twinbear esp. tbesp. xoxo

    sign me up! that's a club i want to belong to. stamps and envelopes forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ essee: thanks! it's a good first run. a little itchy, but good.

    @ borellana: it's crocheted, i forgot how to knit, but will try it next! and thank you, watch your mailbox soon!

    @ erin: you're so sweet. i can only crochet straight long things. scarves, blankets (i presume... i'd love to do a zig zag!

    @ tbesp: you're welcome! lot's more to come in 2009. i will mail you sunshine throughout the darkest days of winter. i have meatloaf breath. signed, sealed, delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lady...this is lovely. I just learned to knit and am working on a scarf for Aiden. Meg and Jessica and I are going start crafting together if you want to come over sometime and join us. Also, I was just thinking earlier today...as I do often, about the calamity of the loss of hand written letters. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey janet! i'd love to craft with you lovelies. i don't think i've ever met jessica. when do you plan to do this? send me your address and i'll write to you: id {at} gracieo {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  8. DUDE, WHY DID WE NOT CROCHET LIKE NERDY OLD LADIES WHEN WE VISITED IN MAY?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Speaking (or squeaking) of letters - I got the calendar & note yesterday. Thank you! I found you a funny card & will send it soon. luvz luvz luvz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I want to join the LWA. I haven't written a proper letter (handwritten) in... wow. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Join! Although you don't have to shell out 12$ to send a letter. It only costs .42 cents :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. um, can you teach me to scarf like that and also to have THOSE LIPS?

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.