I darn got the shit clawed outta me by The (Fabulous) Claw! Here goes!
1. What is your current obsession?
Color me embarrassed, but I'm kind of totally (okay, totally-totally) obsessed with Tumblr. It's blogging for lazy people. This kind of grosses me out because I realize how much internet junk there is out there and here I am being a gourmand, just stuffing myself silly with jpegs, gifs, and crap while I should be doing other, more productive things.
2. Who was the last person you hugged?
My mom, every morning before I go to work when I drop my dog off. I love her to pieces. I just want to squeeze her forever and curl up in a ball on her lap, Bella gets to instead of me.
3. What’s your favorite dinner?
Meatloaf, preferably in cake form. My darling M. said she would make me one for my birthday this year. That would make me the happiest girl in the world. The thought of it makes me want to wag my nonexistent tail. My mouth is watering now, must move on to the next question before I short out my keyboard...
4. What was the last movie you saw in the theatre?
Jeez, it's been a long while, Tropic Thunder or Sex and the City, perhaps? I'm such a procrastinator and the movie I want to see is usually out of the theater by the time I get around to making plans. Thank the baby jesus for Netflix. Speaking of, has anyone seen "Cruising" with Al Pacino? I think this may be the best dvd I've ever rented. Why is this not a cult classic? I think it's right up there with Taxi Driver.
Plot from IMDB:
"A police detective goes undercover in the sleazy and underground gay subculture of New York City to catch a serial killer who is murdering numerous gay men with S&M tactics" -1980
5. What was the last thing you bought? (to wear)
6. What are you listening to right now?
The whirring of the air conditioner, my computer struggling to stay alive, and jets flying overhead.
7. What is your favorite weather?
Arizona winters and East Coast autumns.
8. Say something to the person who tagged you.
Sherri! Congrats to your hubs for passing the shrink test. Please see #14. You are so funny and smart. I'm so glad to have met you through the interwebs. Your boys are extremely lucky to have such a wonderful, loving, moms like you.
9. Tea or Coffee?
COFFEEEEE. I'm sorry that I try to break up with you all the time, Coffee. I keep trying to declare my autonomy, but I always come crawling back to you, with said non-existent tail tucked between my legs.
10. What did you want to become as a child?
An interior designer, however, I never accounted for all the mean, shitty clients with unbudging piss poor taste [note: not any G.O.D. clients, of course!], lugging shit around, climbing on ladders, hauling rugs, and the other baggage that comes along with it. Not so much.
11. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
A sidewalk cafe in Paris, however, I probably would only get served once my time is up.
12. Who do you want to meet in person?
13. What is your most challenging goal right now?
Not flunking out of Grad School. So hard. To my dismay, C's don't get degrees anymore. 2 C's and you're on academic probation, 3 and you're kicked out of the program. AHH!
14. What is your weirdest obsession?
Therapy. Mostly, people who go to therapy as regular upkeep, maintenance. How is it? Do you love it? Does is cost a lot? How do you feel afterward? How would you feel without it? Why do you go? Will you tell me what it's like in an anonymous comment??? I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown last year and couldn't bring myself to go. I have appointment phobia. I don't know, the whole topic is intriguing to me. Spilling the beans to a stranger scares me. Obv. not on here though, hah.
15. Why did you start a blog?
I had a tonsillectomy last year and was out of work for a week. That, and I was growing tired of Livejournal. You will see that my earlier posts are liquid vicodin (aka zombie baby crack juice) fueled.
16. What's your blog about (give me the 2-3 sentence elevator pitch)
A whole lot of nothing and everything, as the title suggests.
17. Which blogs are you obsessed with at the moment?
Me Melodia. I'm so obsessed. Her blog is what my blog wishes it could be when it grows up. We both have Chihuahuas and a penchant for taxidermy.
18. What is your dream job? (realistic or unrealistic)
To own a stationery store in the City where I could bring Bella to work everyday (v.v. unrealistic in so many ways).
19. If you could change professions or careers, what would you like to try? (realistically speaking)
One where I could boss people around and make them do all my work for me.
20. Who is your favorite designer at the moment?
MARNI. Kills. Me.
21. What's your favorite brand of jeans?
Topshop & any Japanese brand (they know how to make pants for shorties).
22. One thing that you would snitch out of someone's closet, with no regrets?