Thursday, April 30, 2009

A novella of a meme...



I darn got the shit clawed outta me by The (Fabulous) Claw! Here goes!
1. What is your current obsession?


Color me embarrassed, but I'm kind of totally (okay, totally-totally) obsessed with Tumblr. It's blogging for lazy people. This kind of grosses me out because I realize how much internet junk there is out there and here I am being a gourmand, just stuffing myself silly with jpegs, gifs, and crap while I should be doing other, more productive things.



2. Who was the last person you hugged?

My mom, every morning before I go to work when I drop my dog off. I love her to pieces. I just want to squeeze her forever and curl up in a ball on her lap, Bella gets to instead of me.



3. What’s your favorite dinner?
Meatloaf, preferably in cake form. My darling M. said she would make me one for my birthday this year. That would make me the happiest girl in the world. The thought of it makes me want to wag my nonexistent tail. My mouth is watering now, must move on to the next question before I short out my keyboard...



4. What was the last movie you saw in the theatre?

Jeez, it's been a long while, Tropic Thunder or Sex and the City, perhaps? I'm such a procrastinator and the movie I want to see is usually out of the theater by the time I get around to making plans. Thank the baby jesus for Netflix. Speaking of, has anyone seen "Cruising" with Al Pacino? I think this may be the best dvd I've ever rented. Why is this not a cult classic? I think it's right up there with Taxi Driver.

Plot from IMDB:
"A police detective goes undercover in the sleazy and underground gay subculture of New York City to catch a serial killer who is murdering numerous gay men with S&M tactics" -1980



5. What was the last thing you bought? (to wear)
Prada patent peep toe booties (for play) & kitten heel pumps (for work). ZOMG, shoes. My weakness. Never... enough... shoes.



6. What are you listening to right now?
The whirring of the air conditioner, my computer struggling to stay alive, and jets flying overhead.



7. What is your favorite weather?
Arizona winters and East Coast autumns.



8. Say something to the person who tagged you.
Sherri! Congrats to your hubs for passing the shrink test. Please see #14. You are so funny and smart. I'm so glad to have met you through the interwebs. Your boys are extremely lucky to have such a wonderful, loving, moms like you.



9. Tea or Coffee?
COFFEEEEE. I'm sorry that I try to break up with you all the time, Coffee. I keep trying to declare my autonomy, but I always come crawling back to you, with said non-existent tail tucked between my legs.



10. What did you want to become as a child?
An interior designer, however, I never accounted for all the mean, shitty clients with unbudging piss poor taste [note: not any G.O.D. clients, of course!], lugging shit around, climbing on ladders, hauling rugs, and the other baggage that comes along with it. Not so much.



11. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
A sidewalk cafe in Paris, however, I probably would only get served once my time is up.



12. Who do you want to meet in person?
Tina Fey. I'm such a dorky fangirl. I'd probably just get really shy and clamp up.


13. What is your most challenging goal right now?


Not flunking out of Grad School. So hard. To my dismay, C's don't get degrees anymore. 2 C's and you're on academic probation, 3 and you're kicked out of the program. AHH!



14. What is your weirdest obsession?
Therapy. Mostly, people who go to therapy as regular upkeep, maintenance. How is it? Do you love it? Does is cost a lot? How do you feel afterward? How would you feel without it? Why do you go? Will you tell me what it's like in an anonymous comment??? I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown last year and couldn't bring myself to go. I have appointment phobia. I don't know, the whole topic is intriguing to me. Spilling the beans to a stranger scares me. Obv. not on here though, hah.



15. Why did you start a blog?
I had a tonsillectomy last year and was out of work for a week. That, and I was growing tired of Livejournal. You will see that my earlier posts are liquid vicodin (aka zombie baby crack juice) fueled.



16. What's your blog about (give me the 2-3 sentence elevator pitch)
A whole lot of nothing and everything, as the title suggests.



17. Which blogs are you obsessed with at the moment?
Me Melodia. I'm so obsessed. Her blog is what my blog wishes it could be when it grows up. We both have Chihuahuas and a penchant for taxidermy.



18. What is your dream job? (realistic or unrealistic)
To own a stationery store in the City where I could bring Bella to work everyday (v.v. unrealistic in so many ways).



19. If you could change professions or careers, what would you like to try? (realistically speaking)
One where I could boss people around and make them do all my work for me.



20. Who is your favorite designer at the moment?
MARNI. Kills. Me.



21. What's your favorite brand of jeans?
Topshop & any Japanese brand (they know how to make pants for shorties).



22. One thing that you would snitch out of someone's closet, with no regrets?
Luxirare's Balenciaga coat. I desperately need a non-Michelin Man winter coat.



23. What designer piece of clothing would you most like to own? (new or vintage)
Rick Owens' entire A/W 08 collection blew my mind to smithereens. I'd love to own a piece from it someday.
Now I tag the following: (No pressure lovelies, I understand if memes ain't your thang)



13 comments:

  1. ps. if you read all this, you deserve a medal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'm with you on Me Melodia - fab reading.

    2. You've distilled the essence of interior design as a profession. You have to love it or else you'll hate it.

    3. It about time "Cruising" gets it due.

    4. Can I have a medal made of chocolate, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMFG I want to melt your face off and spread it on toast. I'm so absolutely shocked and honored that you like mm. Aw shucks!

    I've never been tagged-i don't know much about this whole blog community network thing but im into it. I <3 you gracie poo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I READ IT ALL! Hope you don't mind if I post my answers here!

    1. What is your current obsession?

    Oooo! Do you want something deep and metaphysical or Boulderite flaky? Well, I have neither. I’m obsessed with:
    - rocks and minerals (my five your old obsession is back with a vengeance)
    -Attempting to dress fabulously EVERY DAY no matter what (I sort of failed today. I mean, the individual pieces are cute, but as a whole-fuckin’ sad today)
    -Dressage (Because it’s like yoga on horseback)

    2. Who was the last person you hugged?

    Der the pumpkin head3. What’s your favorite dinner?

    Oh man, while Brann has helped expand my horizons exponentially, I’m going to reach back to a childhood favourite-mom’s mustard chicken

    4. What was the last movie you saw in the theatre?

    Waltz with Bashir, where I proceeded to bawl openly at the end. Fortunately, there were only two other wet blanket older men in the theatre so I didn’t give a shit.

    Plot from IMDB:

    "An Israeli film director interviews fellow veterans of the 1982 invasion of Lebanon to reconstruct his own memories of his term of service in that conflict."Although that plot summary is LAME because really it was about the director's total repression of his memory of having indirectly participated in the genocide of Palestinians.

    5. What was the last thing you bought? (to wear)

    I submitted my order for custom dressage boots from E. Vogel. SO. FREAKING.EXCITED.
    Non horse related: pair of a detacher booties that my arches are too high for-wtf now.


    6. What are you listening to right now?

    Funny I usually listen to classical on Pandora, but today it’s just the heat above my head.

    7. What is your favorite weather?

    Sunny, warm generally 75-78 degrees. HATE winter, but do love winter clothing.



    8. Say something to the person who tagged you.

    ILU GRACE. Let’s get drunk again real soon, now-you hear?

    9. Tea or Coffee?

    Motherfucking both! I'm a two timer.


    10. What did you want to become as a child?

    Ha:
    Zoologist, Entomologist, Dancer, Artist, Author
    My official title is Environmental Scientist so I guess I’m kinda livin’ some of the dream-haha.

    11. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?

    Brussels, Belgium and then hop on over to Berlin, where I can impress everyone with my plebeian German name but lack of ability to speak anything but English and really weak French.

    12. Who do you want to meet in person?

    I durno, I don’t have idols!

    13. What is your most challenging goal right now?

    One unmentionable, and the other- to really sit down and plan the trips we’ve been wanting to do for years. Then getting the eff out of CO SOON.

    14. What is your weirdest obsession?

    Box Turtles.


    15. Why did you start a blog?

    Wanted to expand the audience beyond lj, but instead it shrunk. Oh wells.


    16. What's your blog about (give me the 2-3 sentence elevator pitch)

    More or less I feature lesser known, cerebral type designers, and awesome web shops, with a smattering of personal inspirations and style.

    17. Which blogs are you obsessed with at the moment?

    katyelliott, grainedit, reasonigetupinthemorning, backyardbill, gotasalviento18. What is your dream job? (realistic or unrealistic)

    Run my own clothing boutique, and put out my own line, and be a DQ-hehehe.


    19. If you could change professions or careers, what would you like to try? (realistically speaking)

    No clue.

    20. Who is your favorite designer at the moment?

    JF&Son, woodwood, on and on and on

    21. What's your favorite brand of jeans?

    I don’t know-I like my tsubis/ksubis a lot

    22. One thing that you would snitch out of someone's closet, with no regrets?

    No clue.

    23. What designer piece of clothing would you most like to own? (new or vintage)

    I durno...Rick Owens?-TOTALLY CLICHÉ. I am mostly happy with the independent designer stuff I own already, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Melody, thank you. I'm officially changing my name to Meatloaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Raina (and other brave/bored souls)
    chocomedal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omigod I want meatloaf in cake form....mmmmm...is that cream cheese icing???

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's mashed potato icing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have so many things to say about this. Well done, thanks for playing along. First, love that you drop your dog off w/your mom before work each day. sweeeeeeet. those prada pumps are too much. Therapy (with the right therapist, only) rules. If I was rich, I'd be in therapy weekly probably. It has been super helpful for me in a variety of crises and just in general. Your #8 comments - thanks so much, I am so glad to virtually know such a sharp witted, wonderful blog lady as yourself. xo, s

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ PP: "Wanted to expand the audience beyond lj, but instead it shrunk. Oh wells." Aww, this cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. btw-i plan on getting around to my tagging soon. I swear my brain is filled w rocks lately. It stopped working and I need to start going back to doing real work atleast 45% of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh and u inspired me to check out my oldschool LJ page. (i had to search for the password for a bit)
    I was funny back in 03-04 but it was also slightly cringe worthy.
    I had waaay more readers back then too.

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.