Thursday, June 11, 2009

In memoriam: Pony Edition


If you've been following my love affair with the pony across the street, (here&here) then you'll know why I am saddled with melancholy. I regret to report that the pony is... GONE. About 2 weeks ago, I noticed that he was nowhere to be seen. I was able to successfully convince myself that he was just behind the little shed or on the other side of the pen. This kind of self deception could only last for a few days. I drove around all over the desert with apples in my cup holders, hopeful, still, that he'd be waiting for me at the fence after work. No such luck.


"...a heavenly ranch..."


"...with apple mountains..."


"...and fences made of carrots."


Pony had just gotten a beautiful new haircut, too. He looked so dapper. I was going to photograph him for you to show you how well the little man cleaned up! But alas, I was too slow for the heavy hand of fate. On one such drive by on 32nd St. I broke down and shrieked, "HE'S FUCKING GONE!!!" as my eyes welled up. R tried to comfort me by saying that, "Perhaps he went to a heavenly ranch, with apple mountains, and fences made of carrots." This made me laugh and feel a trillion times better. Yes. I sure hope so. Wherever he is, I hope he's not alone.

9 comments:

  1. maybe they just sold him? to a little girl that takes him apples and carrots everyday and sometimes is able to convince her mom to let her sleep in the stall with him and read him Judy Bloom books at night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sounds like they sold the little man, especially if he was all cleaned up. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i totally hope he was sold to a little girl who loves him so, and not a chop suey factory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW! This is beautiful/heartbreaking/hilarious. I imagine his heaven pasture also having a chilled beer stream running thru it.

    I too had a pony friend I stalked on my drive home. Unfortunately I never got the chance to feed him because I was a bit scared of his huge horse mouth.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Pwt-OqNwE

    ReplyDelete
  5. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhh nooooooooo! i hope he's living large, where ever he went.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the pony. The pony will not get hurt if you send more bacon jelly beans. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. P, give him back! Give him back!!! I will send more pork treats!

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.