Friday, July 24, 2009

Peaceful Warriors

Child with Toy Hand Grenade in Central Park, New York City (1962)
Diane Arbus


Earlier this week, I attended a yoga class with my brit-stepmum-in-law. The instructor was a total beer pig. She had the most hair raising inflection. Nothing like my former yoga cum therapist, who could lull me into oblivion with her KathIeen Turner, but less cigarettey & more buttery voice. I really need to get off my dimpled ass and go back to one of her sessions.

During one of the stretches, B.P. came over and moved my foot! ACK! I almost peed a little. I thought yoga was a personal practice? I just curled up in child pose (aka fetal position) and wished that I could bend time. The kicker, was that she kept chirping, "Okay, now on to warrior pose... you're a peaceful warrior." Um, really?!

4 comments:

  1. that arbus photo and b.p. givin me the creeps. I've always had yoga instructors come by to readjust your pose if it was off a bit. But this guy sounds like I wouldn't want him readjusting me in the slightest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. that reminds me I haven't done yoga in years and should really get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. arbus is so amazingly creepy. B.P. is a girl. sorority-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's when u "accidentally" bust a fart in her face.

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.