Wednesday, September 16, 2009

9/14-9/18: An out-of-sorts sort of week

This has been a really strange out-of-body-out-of-sorts sort of week. Is it because that damned Mercury is in retrograde again? (Whatever the fuck that means, I just know it ain't good) I feel like I'm sleepwalking.

My mouth feels so strange right now. It tastes as though I just ate an entire jar of jelly beans and washed it down with a dirty bucket of kool aid. At least tomorrow is one day closer to the weekend. I hope to recharge and perhaps regain some clarity then.


Oh, hey! I know, let's bust through this midweek funk with some thanks. Presently, I am thankful for:

♥ Megan, because she's always so much fun to be around. I've never not had a good time with her. She doesn't know this (she does now!) but sometimes when she's talking to me, I just can't help but stare at her beautiful blue irises. They're lined in black, people. It looks like a beautiful enamel cloisonné piece (I learned that term from Antiques Roadshow).
♥ Spending some QT with my dad, introduced him to my favorite beer, Hoegaarden.
♥ Meatlo---I mean... sweet boys that will go out of their way to look up meatloaf recipes online and learn to cook you your favorite food.
Downy Wrinkle Releaser, because ironing is for the birds. (Hey! That should be their new slogan.)
♥ Dry sponges. My god, small pleasures, friends. I derive so much joy from looking into my sink and seeing a dehydrated shriveled sponge. Never fails. I feel proud, responsible, and satisfied.

What's on your list (big or small)?

7 comments:

  1. Hoegaarden good! Ironing bad as I learned this weekend when I left the iron on for 24 hours then forgot that part and picked it up (not by the handle).....I shall find these Downy Wrinkle Releaser and buy out the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeebus! so glad your house didn't burn down! wrinkle releaser is the best. i also got a steamer recently because j'deteste ironing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was the first day of my internship and I'm grateful because I love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa Ann, congrats!! What kind of internship, if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in grad school for my MSW, so the internship is working with dual diagnosis patients in a partial hospitalization program :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's awesome, lisa ann! keep up the great work. when i finally have my last breakdown and need a case worker, i'm calling you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful for all these thoughtful W&M posts.
    Other noteworthy TYs:
    -Nectarines have been especially juicy this season and presently on sale @ Publix
    -Atleast the flood washed out all the beach sand that always managed to stick to my feet
    -UO "Steamed Rice" Soy Candles

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.