Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Greetings!



Greetings from the nation's capitol. Thanks to all you kind souls who sent me tips about the city. Hoping to all hopes to squeeze in some of your sights & suggestions before I leave on Saturday.

So far, it's been a navy/black suit sausage party. Going to take a napski, (couldn't, dead tired, but over caffeinated) meet some colleagues for dinner, and then find something fun to do? Who am I kidding, I'll most likely just wind up popping an ambien and surfing the web in my room.

BTW, internetting while sleep drugs kick in is the most hilarious thing ever. Last night, I clicked through the same set of Tumblr dashboard images like 20 times before I realized what I was doing. Tardtastic.

xoxo!
g

p.s. What happens when you don't answer a wake up call? Do they come upstairs, rip the blankets off of you, and call you a "dead pig" in Chinese? That's what my mom used to do when I was a wee one.

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, oh Ambien. I'm definitely one of the idiots who took that and made themselves a sandwich in the middle of the night, and then had an IM conversation that I had no recollection of when I awoke. Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally smitten with Dupont Circle and the DC zoo. The tamarins there are the best thing ever. There are so many great restaurants it is hard to go wrong. I love DC and if I could afford to live there comfortably I'd uproot in a second. Oh, and don't forget to visit the Exorcist steps in Georgetown. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.