Wednesday, October 07, 2009

IT IS OK?




This poster stirred up some strange emotions inside of me. The first ilk:
  •  Fuck yeah! Life is my goddamn oyster. It's totally ok for me to have everything I want. I want a successful career, a great marriage, fancy shoes, ridiculous handbags, a Danish console to hang many frames above, if I'm so inclined, and on and on. I earned it, I deserrrrve it.
Contrasted with the second wave of feelers:
  • It's totally NOT ok for me to have everything I want. I should only have what I really NEED (and maybe a couple frills to keep things interesting). Why should I have everything while the less fortunate have nothing? I should not engage in rampant consumerism just because I can.

Moral of the story: No more letterpress posters for this gal.


via Ignant

5 comments:

  1. I am right there with you. I sometimes make myself dizzy running back and forth between those two feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi foxy! glad to know i'm not the only one.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a massochist and definitely lean towards the second, but working on finding a nice balance between one and two. Have a great weekend, G!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and yeah, I know I just spelled masochist wrong. See, the fact that I just posted this proves my point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel guilty that the second thought you mentioned has never occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.