Monday, December 21, 2009

Duh to the nth degree

OK.


You promise not to fucking laugh at me?


Promise?


Pinky swear?


OK.

So, I saw this Bing Crosby post on Nerd Boyfriend today. My first thought was, "What??? Bing Crosby is white???"

Ugh. I guess I'd never seen a photo, Christmas special, or just never really paid any attention before. Could it be that my brain made an erroneous word association with 'Bill Cosby'? I mean, it's possible, right? The mind plays all sorts of crazy tricks.



P.S. This cockamamie photo popped up when I Google Image searched old Bing. I think it's quite apropos.


P.P.S. If you haven't already, you can laugh now. I had a good laugh at myself, too.


P.P.P.S. Did I ever tell you that I briefly met Nerd Boyfriend at my best friend's wedding over the summer? Her boyfriend, Lonely Sandwich, was one of the groomsmen. I didn't realize I'd be meeting such blogging juggernauts. EEP!

5 comments:

  1. I laughed at the photo, not at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i'm giggling, but only because I was right there with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahaha, thank fucking goodness there's no one here in the office because I just blurted out and spat on my screen.

    I want to rent a tiny space in your deliciously delirious brain. How many times have I made this request???

    In your defense yes, he has the velvety baritone voice of a soulful black man. But as per my unconfirmed knowledge of him he was an uptight waspy child beater.

    In the spirit yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMIGOD. I thought he was too. And its funny..I just asked my husband and his sister if he was black or white, and they both said Black. And Lisa also said that its because it sounds Bill Cosby without knowing you wrote this...Hilarious!!!
    That photo is flipping funny too.

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.