Friday, December 25, 2009

Father, Christmas


Dad/Cousin/Uncle
Circa Late '70s

This is one of my all time favorite photos of my father. Notice how the mustache portion is straddling his nose rather than resting coolly underneath it. It kills. me. every time.  I brought it to dinner tonight and he was in denial. He refused to accept it was on top of his nose. It just "looked that way" because he has an elongated obicularis oris. Suuure, okay, dad.

We watched Gran Torino after dinner. Dad kept interjecting about his mustard yellow '74 Gran Torino and how my mother absolutely HATED it. She confirmed this as she was passing by, "Oh, that old piece of garbage?" exiting stage right, shaking her head.

Half way through the movie, he gives away the ending. All this might sound a little grating, but it couldn't be more endearing to me. He started telling us about his Skylark, too. One day, before it's too late, I need to interview him and write all these gems down.



(My mom would always cut the corners of photos, which I hated when I was younger, but now have learned to love. Photobucket has a feature that allows you to give your photos rounded corners.)

5 comments:

  1. I <3 your dad.



    Of course I <3 your dad! What did I expect? I <3 your mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

    You and your family amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am once again reminded of why I love you, your blog, and your brain ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, THE EYEBROWS ZOMG.

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.