Sunday, February 28, 2010

Originz




You guys! I'm SO fucking into this theory:


The history of the Chihuahua is has been debated for years. There are many different beliefs as to their origin. One such belief is that the Chihuahua is a descendent of the fennec fox, Fennecus Zerda, which was a small desert dwelling animal from Africa. There are some very striking similarities between the two animals. The fennec, unlike other foxes, chooses to live in groups. It is also commonly know that Chihuahuas prefer to have other Chihuahuas as company. Both the fennec fox and the Chihuahua also prefer to chase and eat small insects, rodents, and lizards. The fennec fox was also known to have very poor dental health which is unfortunately another common trait of the Chihuahua.

8 comments:

  1. Does that mean that you should by Chihuahuas in groups (or at least pairs) so they don't get lonely?

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuck chiwas. I WANT A FENNEC FOX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I'm convinced my pup is descended from gremlins. She eats dust, and paper, and clothing tags...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, foxies. I've watched PBS's special about the wild origins of dogs like 3 times, sooo fascinating. Little wolves in our houses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that little dude!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they say that fennec foxes are part dog and part cat...

    ReplyDelete
  7. with you on this theory.
    I want a FF so baaaadly.
    I dream of them. They're crazies.
    oh and Parkies needs a bestie. We should order chiwa siblings from the same litter.
    You down?
    Lets grow our brood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say chloe is a fox all the time...interesting. Also, she has about 5 teef left.hmm...

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.