Some days I feel that the universe is showering me with hugs, kisses, & good fortune. The past few days have been like that. I'm so grateful for everyone/everything:
- Epic mail day yesterday that included: Dress from Jayne, gorgeous handmade bookmarks from even*cleveland (THANKS!!!) & my summer reading books! Poifect!
- Won a Rodarte for Target dress in the STOP IT RIGHT NOW giveaway for my mom! She was sick witha da shingles and through her pain she managed to shakily hold up a magazine and point to a picture of the dress. She asked me if I could get it for her, which in turn, broke my fucking heart because the magazine was months old and I had to tell her that they weren't for sale anymore. Mumsy is the most selfless person I know-- who never asks for a damn thing, and here she was... depressed, sick, suffering, and asking me for something I couldn't get for her. A few days later, while perusing one of my all time favorite blogs, I see that Jayne was giving away THE DRESS, in HER SIZE! Too poifect! Thanks, Jayne. I'm so grateful. I plan on surprising her with it tonight ♥
- Met a slew of interesting new friends at the Kentucky Derby event and somehow managed to win best dressed couple?! It may have been fixed since our hostess was a judge. Either way, I'm super jazzed on the prizes: a massive bottle of Julep Maker's Mark and 2 custom dress shirts. I've totally been wanting a sleek black dress shirt to wear with my skinny ties.
- Flowers from cute clients
- Six year anniversary with R coming up on Saturday. So lucky to be able to hang out with my best friend everyday.
- Speaking of space... another client of mine had her host-pathogen microgravity experiment fly on the Discovery mission STS-131!! She brought me back a custom patch and a NASA coin that was aboard Discovery. My mind is still reeling from the fact that I own shit that's been up in orbit. Nuts.
Okokok, enough mushiness for now. I like to keep tally of good things to remind myself that life is pretty fine when I'm feeling dark.
What are you grateful for today?