Monday, June 07, 2010

The Triumphant Return

I've been anxiously awaiting the return of Mad Men. The fourth season starts Sunday, July 25th at 10PM on AMC. I re-watched the first episode the other day and noticed:
  • Don was more randy/cocky (less cool/mysterious)
  • Joan was curvier (how is that even possible?!)
  • Peggy was kind of a slut (tried to hit on Don her first day! Also slept with Pete!)
  • Paul was unbearded and not yet a subversive
  • Salvatore was unbearded and far more flamboyant (aka single for almost the first season, then blammo, married!)
  • Betty sleeps on the wrong side of the bed.
  • The music was so cheesy (stand up bass lines and lots of jazzy symbols)
Thank goodness for character development. I can't wait to see what happens next!

ps. I hate it when Don has those Grapes of Wrath childhood flashbacks. I hope they leave those out this season. Ugh!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, the flashbacks. ME TOO. So contrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. high five(?) for the indonesian smoking baby.

    2. don has been missing from my life for far too long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rather sick of Don and Betty at this point. Don's endless whoring and Betty's superficial, childish antics - which I'm aware is part of their developmental process but damn, they're exhausting to watch. If they weren't so damn pretty to look at...haha jk. I still await more of Mad Men Sundays.

    and haha at smoking indonesian baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude, I am so fucking excited for the return of Mad Men, though I am hoping they can bring back the high w/this whole "forming a new firm" thing. and I second that, those shitty Don flashbacks, especially when they flashback to that whole crap w/the real Don Draper's wife...I'm lost like half the time w/that stuff...do not follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i may just stop watching tv/movies in general and rely only on your critiques and summaries.


    joan <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. SMOKING BABEH HIGH FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!! i seriously laughed for about 20 mins when i first saw that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would it be too nerdy to suggest that the flashbacks are thematically indispensable?

    ReplyDelete
  8. of course not. but that still doesn't make them any more enjoyable for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was watching Love Actually the other day, and realized that one of the silly Wisconsin American girls was Betty. I spit out my whiskey. Made me like her less, which isn't saying too much...

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.