Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dear W&M: I hate my blog today!




dear w&m,

i hate my blog today.

what do i do?

love,
anonymous


*        *        *


Dear Anon,


Sorry to hear it. Boy, I can sure relate. Here are a few suggestions for when you're hatin' on your blog.

  • go to a public library and set your blog as the default homepage for all the browsers, then hide behind a book stack and spy on people reading it 
  • comment anonymously* on your own posts
  • start a new secret blog and say things you've always wanted to


  • shut down your computer and go for a nice long walk outside
  • read other people's blogs that are worse than yours
  • post random images with no context
  • take a hiatus and don't fucking apologize for it
  • delete it

Yours ever,
Gracie

[If you'd like to submit a question, please email me. No subject too random. No holds barred.]
*for the record: this was a real submission

27 comments:

  1. are you trying to tell me i shld delete my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but just trying to give you all the options.

      Delete
  2. i thought you loved my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just kidding. i'm totally gonna do like half this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. srsly though. YOU SAID YOU LOVED MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, commenting anonymously is rly fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that idea of going to the library and spying on people reading your blog. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you better not ever delete *your* blog, ever.

    the library suggestion makes me nervous.

    i read blogs that are worse than mine ALL THE TIME. they're typically about a hundred times more popular, too. makes me think i am doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay. i won't. <3

      re: your last point, it also makes me kind of bitter.

      Delete
  8. read other people's blogs that are worse than yours !!! PAH HAHA !

    ReplyDelete
  9. does reading people's blogs where the authors are complete nutjobs count as "worse"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, sure!

      wait, what are you doing here?

      Delete
  10. Go with the first, or the last.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES. you give REALLY GOOD advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! although, i think the last suggestion is questionable. next week's "Dear W&M" is going to fucking rule!

      Delete
  12. Doesn't everyone hate their blog from time to time? Like having a bad hair day, a bad blog day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi josie!

      yes, i think it's perfectly normal.

      thanks for stopping by!
      g

      Delete
  13. I love this. I needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yep,
    go to a public library + Apple stores!!

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.