Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Media Mindfuck


It's becoming increasingly difficult for me to discern real vs. fake news. Real news headlines these days are so outlandish and sensational that any reasonable person would think their fake. Conversely, fake news items are so believable, goddammit!

Here are two recent examples that had me fooled!

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
New Study Finds Humans Shouldn’t Spend More Than 5 Consecutive Hours Together

I've taken to Facebook as an outlet for this tirade, but I doubt that my twice-removed cousins nor the girl I stabbed in the foot with a pair of scissors in second grade would really understand or give two fucks.

Other notable shit on this topic:

Painting: Gerhard Richter

3 comments:

  1. Bahaha. I always send stupid headlines from our local paper to my schoolfriend, who no longer lives in our hometown. Most of them sound fake.

    PS you are smart as, you smarty pants
    PPS I reckon most of the Onion headlines will turn out to be true within a few months of publication. As opposed to actual news headlines, which are a load of crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Zara thing had me fooled too. How can any humans be so dumb?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh look, an article about the "Onion-like headlines" inspired by our government http://www.themonthly.com.au/blog/evan-williams/2014/05/2014/1409862348/30-most-onion-headlines-abbott-government%E2%80%99s-first-year

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.