Monday, January 26, 2015

Formatters


Format definitely matters, right? Remember when we all wrote blogs before Twitter and Instagram? I've been having this discussion a lot lately.

We're all too ADD (except Lauren and a select few) to commit to a longer form of expression. A friend wisely surmised that Instagram is visual poop and Twitter is verbal poop.

I once said to R, "Every blog has its shelf life." A phrase that he loves to mischievously throw back in my face from time-to-time. Some (RIP) quit while they were ahead. I guess that I'm in denial that this might be the end for W&M. May as well drag it out to the bitter end. Lisa (whom I just met IRL and has the most exquisite voice and laugh ever) is still with me.

I love the fact that I can look back on seven years worth of posts (would've been more, but I deleted my livejournal) and see what I was feeling and try to imagine what it was like to be that person. According to the numbers alone, 2009 must have been a rather self-important year coming in at a whopping 332 posts.

Anyway, I wonder about jumping ship to a more mobile friendly platform... maybe Tumblr. I already have one, its tagline is "an even larger collection of woolgathering & miscellany, only without all the soppy baggage." I'd have to rescind that last part, but I don't think anyone is keeping track.

I guess I feel a bit of a void that the blog and all you fascinating folks that came with it left. I love writing, I really do. I need a jumpstart. Sorry for that dramatic photo, I'm not quite ready to kill this one off yet.

19 comments:

  1. DON'T KILL IT


    just post more

    love,
    me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K.I.S.S., right? OK! Thanks for the encouragement.

      Really enjoying your new format, btw. Beautiful transition.

      Delete
  2. my insides thudded when i clicked to this post. bless you for coming back to kill anyone foolish enough to get up close to see if you were really dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😘 you and your big brain ceaselessly amaze me. I was telling Lisa that your writing is too smart for me. Hahahaha. Dumb it down a bit, will ya? Jkkkkk don't stop being you.

      Delete
  3. End of a fucking era!
    So many fallen soldiers: http://www.varnishgal.com/armadilloshellsdrying.jpg

    I love you in web form and IRL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun while it lasted tho! Let's do more of the latter.

      Delete
  4. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't leave me, Gracie! I need your foul-mouthed and wonderfully icky awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!! Best compliment ever. OK! I'll do it!

      Delete
  5. I agree. Your part of the Internet cacaphony is a very specific and not-to-be-found elsewhere piece. I count on it.

    Let's talk and laugh some more soon. xoxoxoxoxox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though Ive only read a few of your posts I say keep it, too. Like a log roll, stay on it til its too slippery and then jump off to another medium and then back again with fresh perspective. Fragmented mediums are great for capturing the crazy fragmentation of luvin' and livin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! Weird to see you on this format. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  7. But you're one of the GOOD things about the internet!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please don't go, we love you so.

    It's hard, it comes and it goes and maybe you don't need to kill it, maybe you just need to let it be what it is and try to let go of what it was when it was a thing that happened daily and came easily? That's what I'm trying to do anyway.

    And please don't switch to tumblr, tumblr sucks. I can't say 'PLEASE DON'T GO, WE LOVE YOU SO' to you on tumblr.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't walk away; we're still out here reading.

    ReplyDelete

The divine PB&J in me, salutes the divine PB&J in you.